Dear Patient Family,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We are pleased to tell you that we are reopening for patient care beginning May 11. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and the safety of our team. As you know, Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We are adding additional dental equipment, personal protective equipment, and air filtration to address the challenges of the virus causing COVID-19.
It is important to maintain social distancing in our office and our team has been hard at work developing systems to ensure we are able to do that. These include a mobile waiting room, contactless payment, and careful management of the flow of patients in the office.
Here is an idea of what to expect at your next visit:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask COVID-19 screening questions regarding any symptoms, possible exposure, and medical conditions you may have. We ask that you come alone to your appointment and that only one person accompany a minor or patient requiring assistance.
- We are transitioning to paperless forms and will ask that you complete these in advance of your appointment. Any change in insurance coverage should be submitted a business day in advance.
- On the day of your appointment, you will receive a screening questionnaire via text. Please respond promptly as you will not be admitted to the building until you do so.
- When you arrive at our office please remain in your vehicle and text us at 919.295.9471 to let us know you are here. When your provider is ready for you, you will receive a text to meet them at the door.
- We require that you wear a mask into our facility and request that you bring your own so that we are able to maintain our stock for patient care.
- When you enter, your provider will provide hand sanitizer and take your temperature via a forehead thermometer before escorting you to your treatment room.
- We will need to allot additional time for your appointment to allow for social distancing. We are also facing a backlog of patients resulting from our closure. These factors mean that you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will be offering contactless payment via our in-office terminal as well as the ability to pay with a link sent directly to your smartphone to assist in social distancing.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient and team member, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, you can reach us at 919.484.2617 by phone, 919.295.9471 by text or simply reply to this email.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patient family.
Dr. Ben, Dr. Susan, and the Thompson Family Dentistry Team